Friday, April 24, 2009

New things!




Writing time! Let's see...since I last wrote, River has started doing a few new (little) things. He has quit sucking his thumb and fists so much, and now has started sucking on his bottom lip a lot! Weird! It makes him look pretty funny when he is doing it and leaves slobber on under his mouth, haha. But there isn't really anything we can do about it, so if it provides him comfort, we are happy! He has also started rubbing his eyes with his fists at night when he gets sleepy...he looks SO adorable doing it, too! I love it. Isn't it funny how these teeny little things are so noticeable and adorable when it is your child doing them? : )
We have been putting him in his room to sleep all night in his crib for about 2 and a half weeks now...he does great! He goes to sleep at 11 and I go in and get him up at 7:15...some mornings when I go in to get him, he is asleep, and others times he is lying there watching his ceiling fan! He is such a happy and cuddly baby in the mornings...I love getting him up, feeding him and then just lying in bed with him and cuddling. He talks a lot in the mornings, too. I think he is telling me all about the dreams he had the night before! : )
Cody and I are getting a lot of exercise lately! Well...the lazy kind, I guess. River falls asleep anywhere between 6:00 and 6:15pm for a short nap, just long enough for us to eat a quick dinner. He sleeps for 30 minutes exactly, then wakes up and HAS to be held or right next to us until 7:30 when he eats next. So, we use this time to put him in the stroller and take him and Mattie for a walk if it is nice enough out. Lately it has been, so if you are in our neighborhood between 6:30 and 7:30 pm, you might see us pushing out lil guy around! I guess it is a sort of work out, b/c he gets heavier every day, and there are some hills we push him up! In any case, it is a fun way to get him through his fussy time of day.
He also got a new chair called a Bumbo seat last Friday. It helps him to learn to keep his neck up better and helps him with learning how to sit up. He enjoys sitting in it!!
We have been taking him out a bit more, too! We still love to go out to dinner or lunch with him during his nap time at either 12 or 6...he usually does pretty good at the restaurants. I've also been taking him to visit people during the weekdays, too. He went and visited with his great grandparents Mimi and Papa last week, and I took him up to Andy Woods! He has also been to see my parents and Cody's parents a few times, too. This past week he swung outside at my mom's house...his first time to swing. He loved it! So we brought a swing home and put it up in our backyard...fun times!! I look forward to taking him down to Bergfeld park to swing some too, and play.

No comments: