Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oops!













I guess I am getting kind of bad at posting updates! It just seems that every time there is a minute to sit down and write, there is always something else I should be doing instead, like laundry, dishes, etc. : ) Oh well! So, in the past few weeks, these are the things our lil' guy has begun to do: he has started giggling when we tickle him, which is the best sound in the entire world!! He has also started keeping his legs bent to his stomach when we change his diaper...such a little and insignificant thing, but something I definitely notice, hehe. He also learned how to shriek/scream...he doesn't do it all the time, but it is really funny...for now! : ) I know later on when he does it all the time, we won't view it that way, but for now, it's something to laugh at. He also started giggling at random times- he seems to really enjoy sitting in my lap while I play on the computer...I usually have music on, and I think he likes to look at the screen as I scroll down the web pages. Pretty cute! Also, my parents bought us a baby scale last week, so we can know how much he weighs at any time. Pretty great! We are going to start weighing him every Sunday. Today he weighs 15 lbs 11 oz. Big boy!! He is going to be 17 weeks old (4 months) this week! Wow!! This past Monday he started a 4 hour schedule where he is awake for 2 hours and sleeps 2 hours...the big change is he is taking an official morning nap and official afternoon nap. He has done pretty well on it! And then just a few days ago he moved from taking baths in his baby bathtub that sits on our bathroom counter to taking baths in our spa tub! For right now, I get in with him because it is much easier to bathe him that way than sitting bending over on my knees...he had to change tubs because he had gotten too long for his baby bathtub! He is going to be tall like his daddy, I think. :) When he can sit up on his own without any help, he can start taking baths in the kitchen sink...we are looking forward to that! He is still constantly sucking his thumb...he mostly does it while he is putting himself to sleep and sometimes while he is sleeping. He has an official first "blankie", which is a cloth diaper we use as a burp cloth, haha! He loves to hold it in one hand and suck his thumb with the other. It is really cute!
That's about all of his updates lately! Anytime he starts doing something new or something changes, I write it on my wall calendar. I think that is easier than writing it in his baby book, and it is more precise because then I know exactly what day it happened on as well. This Thursday, May 28, is mine and Cody's 4 year anniversary!! Also, this Wednesday is one year exactly to the day we found out we were going to have a baby! That was such an exciting moment. :) It is amazing to think one year has passed since then. We are very grateful for God's blessings!

No comments: