Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rainy days are great!




River turns 8 weeks old on Thursday! Wow! This week for the first time he has started scratching his face a bit. I guess it is time to start thinking about...clipping his nails- yikes!! It is not something I am looking forward to. I have tried biting them off a few times when I am feeding him and he is calm, but they are not quite long enough to tear easily. Just long enough to leave pretty little scratces on his cute face. :( That will be something I will try to tackle when daddy is home and can help, too! : ) It has been raining all day which has been nice because I have had our front screen door open and the sounds and smells it brings in the house are so calming.

So Sunday night we ate...well, I ate the vegetable cheese casserole- my first cooking attempt at a casserole. And, it turned out sooooo yummy!! Cody politely tried some but of course didn't like it. He isn't a big casserole guy, and I didn't expect him to love it. However, it only meant more for me! I ate it with my lunch and dinner yesterday and lunch today! I am posting the website I found it on in case anyone wants to try it...believe me- if I can make it, you definitely can! The only thing I did differently was add 1 cup of grated cheese instead of a half of a cup, and then I also added a can of peas to the recipe (drained) b/c I love peas! http://southernfood.about.com/od/sidedishcasseroles/r/bln290.htm

Today we have just chilled at the house. Cody's mom (Nanny) came by for a visit so I took the opportunity to run a quick errand while she was here. Then my friend Ashley came by with her son Caleb for a minute...River is already wearing size 2 diapers and we had a ton of size 1 leftover, so we were able to give her the size one's b/c her son, Truett, who is just 2 weeks younger than River, can wear them. And then just before I put him down for his nap we played dress up for a minute...a few weeks ago my mom found my old packer shirts I wore when I was a baby, and gave them to me. So I put River in the smallest one and it fits him great as a nightgown! He seemed pretty comfy in it so I let him wear it for his nap. This afternoon after Cody gets off work we are going to take River to meet his great grandfather, Cody's Papa. Then, I think we are going to attempt to take River out to eat afterwards. That time is his fussy time but we have seen River do well when he is in a crowd of people at that time, so this will be more of an expirement. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: