Thursday, March 26, 2009

River's evening out!







Tuesday was a great and perfect day! River slept through all of his naps, not waking up even once! (He sometimes wakes up and fusses then goes back to sleep). Then, about 5:45 pm, we took River on a little outing. We don't go out much for a few reasons: one, it is still flu season and we are being the overly protective and cautious first-time parents :) and two, he has a great schedule right now and it is still fairly new, so we are working hard to keep it implemented, for his benefit and ours...so we try not to do things that will deviate from it. Anyhow, we took him out during his wake and nap time and it worked great! First, River went to meet Cody's grandfather (River will call him Big Daddy). He is at a great retirement home called Park Place that has an atrium, sky lights and a big fish tank. River loved being held by Big Daddy and he got to watch the fish and birds with his Papa (Cody's dad). Afterwards, Cody and I went out to eat out for our first family dinner, just the three of us. We were super anxious probably the entire time because this was only River's second time out to eat at a public place and we just didn't know what to expect. But, thank God, it went great! We went to Jucy's and River sat in his car seat next to me the entire time, just looking around while we enjoyed super yummy burgers and extra greasy onion rings. : ) Success!! I think we will probably try that again soon (the going out to eat at dinner time again, not burgers and onion rings). Then, we had about 30 minutes left before I had to be home to feed him, so we decided to make a surprise visit at my parents house, who live not too far from Jucy's. River had never been over there before. So, we surprised my parents and River got to hang out with Granny and G-Pa for a bit...and then we went home, fed him, had a little bit of wake time and put him down for his last evening nap. It was a great day and night!
I really can't remember much of what went on yesterday...haha. Usually my days are pretty uneventful right now- just River and I hanging out around the house, going from one nap time to the next and waiting for Daddy to come home! :) I don't mind it at all because I know it won't be like this forever. Oh, I do remember River was extra smiley yesterday. He woke up yesterday morning smiling away after his first feeding of the day and kept on smiling all the way til Daddy came home. So that was fun. I got my first picture of one of his smiles I am going to post on here...he had already almost finished smiling but I caught the end of it. He was lying on his changing table, kicking and cooing and having a great time.
Today Cody came home from lunch so I put some pizza in the oven for us to eat. I was rushing to get it out and was distracted by something, and so when I pulled the cooking stone out of the oven, I forget to put on an ovenmit. Yep. I burned three of the fingers on my right hand, on the tips. It hurt pretty bad for a while, and I have kept the fingers in a glass of ice water for the past few hours. They are just now starting to feel better. Stupid me!!! The rest of the day will hopefully go smoother. We are doing cheese dogs and brawts (spelling?) on the grill for dinner and watching Lost on dvr. Thank goodnes for dvd these days!!
Okey dokey- time for me to jump in the shower before the rug rat wakes up. : )

No comments: